St. Paul’s United Church of Christ, founded in 1886, was chartered in 1887 as part of the Reformed Church in the United States, originally the German Reformed Church, dating from 1825 in America. St. Paul’s is a member of the United Church of Christ, formed in 1957 by a union of the Evangelical and Reformed Church and the Congregational Christian Churches. The focus of our ministry is embodied in our Mission Statement.
1886—1887 Rev. Edwin A. Gernant, A.M.
1887—1889 Rev. Gustave A. Schwedes, D.D.
1889—1893 Rev. Frederick B. Hahn, B.D.
1893—1937 Rev. George B. Smith, D.D.
1937—1943 Rev. Francis F. Renoll, B.D.
1943—1955 Rev. Paul E. Schmoyer, D.D.
1955—1966 Rev. Robert F. Harting, B.D.
1967—1973 Rev. Francis E. Ringer, Ph.D.
1973—1999 Rev. David P. Focht, M.Div.
1999—2003 Rev. Sharon S. Morris, M.Div.
2004—present Rev. John W. Davies, M.Div.
Sons & Daughters of our Church who Entered into the Ministry
George K. Ely
David J. Ely
Alfred M. Rahn
Leroy M. Kutz, Jr.
William C. Fenstermacher
Sara A. Hertzog